No Roots

What a View

I just thought I'd share a few pictures of the show mother nature has been providing me lately.

It rained most of the week with mornings looking either like this:

Or like this:

I suppose if I had nothing better to do at 7:30 in the morning I could have waited around for some lightening to dramatize the shots...  As it stands, I've always got something better to do at that time: sleep.

The rain was mildly exciting at first. But after a few days of it I became somewhat vexed. Traffic in the morning is like sludge when you can't see more than 10 meters in front of you. And it messes up your schedule because everyone now has an excuse for being late.

People tend to be tardy in Singapore anyway - the whole rubber time thing is part of the culture. The government bangs on about being courteous and timely. But despite the enthusiastic poster campaign, most people think showing up 15 minutes late is totally acceptable. The rain is a convenient excuse to stretch that further... as if it was some kind of rare phenomenon and not a common experience of life in the tropics.

Well back to the plot.

Today all mother nature's foul mood was forgiven. My view is normally pretty good. Today it was fabulous. The skyline, usually a plain concrete grey on sky blue, was superimposed on a backdrop of glorious white mountainous clouds.
It was breathtaking.

 










Labels: ,

del.icio.us Furl digg Reddit TailRank Add to My Yahoo co.mments Friday, July 16, 2004

Comments...

Post a Comment